Sunday, December 21, 2014

Welcome to some family recipes

I just want it publically known that you asked for these in 2008. I put them on the internet at kingfamlyrecipes.blogspot.com. At the time you had said you were going to be going on the internet more having realized it was not a fad. But six years have passed and I respect that you are not an internet person and may never be. I do feel bad it has taken me this long to make you a book of the recipes. I've ferreted out some ones not previously published on the blog, so I think you can think of this as the second edition.

No one of us can hold a candle to your lasagna, your hashbrown casserole, and probably just about anything you cook. But you know the power of nostalgia and childhood dishes. Here they are. I love you so very much. Thank you for being the kind of person who cared enough to ask for these, who makes me feel like my family is with a big-hearted person. You are a special one. I'm sure you'll make these your own as well. As mom likes to say, "With Alanna, there is always a solution." ;-)

Love,

Cindy
Christmas 2014
Philadelphia PA to Evansville IN

No comments:

Post a Comment