Sunday, December 21, 2014

Macaroni Salad

My friend the poet Meghan Privitello often jokes with me about our favorite trashy childhood dishes. Her mom likes to roll hot dogs up in cooked lasagne noodles and then put on tomato sauce and bake them. I'm pretty sure that is an awesome dish. This is what my mom made for my brothers during their extreme growth spurts. It could be healthied up with Veganaise and peas...if one feels like it.

2 pound box macaroni
1 package hot dogs
Hellman's mayonnaise
chives

Boil the macaroni. Boil the hot dogs. Cut up the hot dogs. Put them in a big glass bowl with the macaroni. Do you know where this is going? Put in enough mayonnaise to just get it all to stick together a little, but not a huge ton of it. Add fresh or dried chives. Mix. Serve.

I'm pretty sure I saw three pounds of macaroni get eaten in 15 minutes this way, once. By the two brothers.

No comments:

Post a Comment