Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Chicken and Kale in Tomato Sauce alla Pappligna

1-2 grilled chicken breasts in lemon and olive oil, diced (or a can of garbanzos)
half a head of organic kale, ripped into bite sized pieces and washed
1 24 oz can tomatoes chopped
one small onion, diced
olive oil
bay leaf
basil
pinch of sugar
pinch of Celtic salt/regular salt

Organic brown rice

Now that I'm on this infernal thyroid health diet, I've had to get clever. And what is annoying is that I'm having an allergic reaction to this meal, but I usually eat all of these things with no effect except I've never eaten this organic rice before. Gah.

Brown the onion in a generous amount of olive oil (3T) until clear.
Add the can of tomatoes, the juice from the can, the bay leaf, the basil, pinch of sugar and pinch of salt.
Let stew for a while.

Add the chicken (or can of garbanzos) and let it all cook down for about 20 minutes.

When you are about two minutes from eating, add the kale and let it wilt a bit until it's bright green and soft.

Serve over brown rice. This is really tasty. I wolfed it down when I was feeling really bad. Now I feel good, but itchy.


No comments:

Post a Comment