Sunday, April 29, 2012

Homemade Chicken Suizas

Oh. Man.

 I'm moving away so I had to think about how to re-create my favorite dish at Mexico in Atlantic City: The Chicken Enchildas Verde aka Chicken Suizas. I saw some very elaborate recipes. Here's the one I came up with. It's gluten free, hormone free, soy free.

1 large roasted chicken breast (organic) shredded (or veggie burgers inside, or black beans)
a package sprouted corn Ezekial corn tortillas
one package Applegate Farms Monteray Jack Cheese slices
one large jar green salsa or green enchiladas verde sauce (somehow I like the salsa better than the Frontera green chile sauce, but it's totally fine too).

 Heat oven to 350F Pour some of the sauce in a glass pie plate.

Roll some shredded chicken and part of a slice of the cheese in a tortilla.
Put it seam side down in the plate. Make six total.
Pour the rest of the salsa/sauce over the rolled up tortillas.
Put the remaining cheese over the top. (I think somehow that particular package of Monteray Jack is the exact right amount of cheese. Last night I tried a 12 ounce package of shredded Monteray Jack--"Hormone Free"--and it's a bit saltier and well, it's just too much cheese.)

Put the plate in the oven for 30 minutes. Let cool for 10.

I ate this for dinner. Then I ate the rest for lunch. Good with beans and rice, or eat a salad for Pete's sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment