Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Best in the World Gluten Free Peach Pie

I just taught for 12 hours and now I want this pie real bad. I'll make it tomorrow.

8-9 little perfectly ripe Jersey peaches peeled and cut into thin slices
2 T better batter flour
2 t lemon juice
1.5 T brown sugar
dash of nutmeg

Mix all the above in a bowl.

One Better Batter pie crust according to this recipe, minus ice cubes: just stick the liquids +yolk in the freezer while you do the other stuff. Also, I substituted butter for the shortening and I can't say there's any reason to buy shortening. It is horrible for you. Period.

Put the bottom half of the crust into a 9 inch pie plate, Pyrex!, for about 8 minutes at 350. Take it out.

Put the peaches carefully on top of the hot but not baked crust. Put the other raw crust over the top and cut some slits into it.

Bake at 425 for 10 minutes, then cover edges with foil and bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes. Ooooooo.

That crust is really beyond compare with any other gluten free item. Durnit. I wanna pie. Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment