Sunday, December 13, 2009

Fruit Cake Cookie

via Jesseca Cornelson:

This is a recipe that makes a truckload. I halved it and got only a million: filled two and a half huge freezer bags full. I use real butter. They were a hit with Jesseca's family, the people at my Writing Center and friends thought they'd like the chocolate thin mints best, but no, it's the fruit cake cookie. It doesn't taste the way you think it would. I left out the milk and when it says "can of coconut flakes" (and I couldn't find a can at three stores) I think about a cup and change works fine for the halved recipe, about two and a half for the full recipe. Also, yes, you have to mince the candied fruit which is a little labor intensive. You can also substitute dried pineapple for the candied.

I dare you to let this dough refrigerate for 24 hours before you make them. I bet something sort of awesome happens.

Honestly, I wish I'd made the whole recipe. They make a good present.

No comments:

Post a Comment