Thursday, August 4, 2011

Cherry Clafoutis

My mom got this recipe from Monique Menard for cherry clafouti. The original card says "Flan Monique" on it. Mom always made it with frozen cherries and it was gone in a few hours, maybe two. Dave always plucked out the cherries first and saved the doughy part for last, as with all recipes. He will be really excited if you make this, I think. Might be a nice surprise.

1 and 1/4 cups flour
1 and 1/4 cups sugar
3 eggs
250 mg milk (look on the metric side, y'all)
Big bag frozen cherries, thawed, drained.

Butter a 9-13 baking pan. Heat oven to 350.

Place the cherries in the pan without the liquid, making sure to space them out. There should be about 8-10 cherries per 3 inches square. That's kinda random, but I was thinking that bags of cherries might be a different size now.

Mix all the rest of the ingredients together just until the batter is smooth.

Pour it over the cherries. Reposition any displaced cherries. I can't believe I just wrote that sentence.

Bake on the middle rack for 45 minutes or until the custard is firm, but not too dry. It should be kind of gummy. Trust me, it's good.


No comments:

Post a Comment